Balloon Festival '11

This year for the Balloon Festival I didn't take the kids down to the park and really, it ended up being a neat experience anyway.  The balloons launch from the park just down the street from our house, within walking distance.  Because they are so close, the balloons were literally just flying over our neighborhood.  I could hear the flames while I was still in bed.  I looked out the window and there was a giant blue balloon in front of the window.  I grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots.  My neighbors were out too but I had my large lens on so it was difficult to get the balloons and the people in the same shot.  I entered the first three shots into the photo contest.  Doubt I'll win because my photography skills aren't the greatest.  Maybe I'll get lucky!

  











Comments

joyous said…
Super fun! I love that you didn't even have to leave your own home this time. ;) I think the first three photos look great. If you don't try, you'll never know!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival